We want all guests to enjoy a great experience with us.
Please read our policies!
Arrivals, Check-In Safety Requirements and Departures:
- Check-in times are between 1:00 pm and 5:00 pm. Our insurance requires we guide guests and their RV to the assigned site for safety reasons. If you cannot arrive prior to the close of business, please contact the office at 828-349-0412 for further instructions.
- Check-out time is 11:00 am. Late departures are subject to the full nightly rate for anyone on a site check-out. Guest is responsible for all fees and charges if a site is scheduled to be occupied and we are unable to accommodate the incoming reservation.
- We do not guarantee the same site if you choose to extend. Check with the office staff for possible extensions.
- All guests and visitors must register with the office. Monthly guests must check-in during normal business hours.
- MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express are accepted. We do not accept cash except for at our laundry facility. Please plan accordingly.
- Minimum age to reserve sites is 21, with a maximum of 6 guests per site* for nightly stays. Our rates include four guests. Additional guests are charged $10.00 per night. *Weekly and monthly guests – sites are limited to a maximum of 4 guests. Rates are for 2 guests. Check with the office for additional guest rates for weekly and monthly stays.
- We do not guarantee specific site numbers. We will make every effort to accommodate requests; however, our automated system moves reservations to optimize the grid.
- No refunds for early departure regardless of the reason.
- A valid credit card on file is required for all reservations. All expenses due (including but not limited to daily rate fees, and/or any assessed fees, etc.) must be paid prior to departure. You agree that The Great Outdoors RV Resort may charge accrued fees to the credit card on file by making a reservation.
Parking and Vehicles
- One (1) vehicle limit on each site plus your RV. Extra vehicles, boats, trailers etc., must be approved by management prior to arrival and may incur a daily storage fee. Extra vehicles must be parked in our overflow lot and not on empty sites.
- All vehicles must be registered with the park office.
- Vehicles with loud pipes, diesel engines, and motorcycles can be driven/ridden to and from the site only, with no excessive idling of vehicles or noise. Quiet hours are 10:00p to 8:00a daily and must be always observed. 3 wheeled vehicles, and ATV’s are not allowed without the express permission of management. If approved for use, valid proof of insurance must be on file with the park office.
- All vehicles must be in operational condition and have current registration, inspection, and license plates.
- No vehicles are allowed to protrude from any site into the traffic flow.
- No type of mechanical repair, whether to vehicle or RV, is allowed (except licensed mobile repair service).
- We are on a well system, please conserve water where possible. RVs or vehicles may not be washed unless approved by management. Fees may apply.
- The speed limit in the park is 7.5 MPH! Please observe the speed limit for the safety of our guests, staff, and animals, both wild and domesticated on the property.
- Park on your site only. Parking on the patios, grass or roads is prohibited. Parking in vacant RV sites will result in being charged the nightly rate and/or being towed at the RV/vehicle owner’s expense.
RV and Site Appearance
- We reserve the right to refuse service to any RV or vehicle based upon its appearance and/or condition.
- Outdoor items should be neat and orderly. No tires, 55-gallon drums, generators, or other storage containers are allowed on your site unless permanently affixed to the rig. Storage containers under rig allowed, maintained in neat appearance.
- Do not hang towels, bathing suits, clotheslines, and/or clothes outside RV.
- Digging, driving stakes, or erecting poles is not allowed due to underground utilities.
- Additional or supplemental refrigerators, freezers, space heaters and other electrical devices are not allowed except for original equipment installed by the RV manufacturer.
- No disturbance to the existing trees or landscape of any kind (i.e., nails, screws, posters, etc.)
- Please keep grass free of all items, including but not limited to dog pens/fencing, bicycles, toys, and decorations.
- Area rugs are not permitted on RV sites except on the gravel or wood patio.
- Picnic tables should be completely cleared after each use.
- Swimming pools or portable spa units are not allowed.
- Keep all cords, cables, and hoses coiled and bundled when not in use.
- Properly size your electric line for your unit, no light-duty extension cords allowed.
Bath and Laundry Facilities
- We take pride in our facilities and request that you be respectful and clean up after yourself. Please close the curtain while showering to keep the floor dry, close it prior to exiting to allow it to dry, and shut off the light when you leave unless there is an automated controller present. Please notify the office if any of our facilities require additional cleaning.
- Pet bedding is not allowed in our washers/dryers due to potential allergies as well as clogged drains and may damage the machines. Anyone found washing or drying pet bedding may be ejected from the park without refund and/or assessed a minimum $250.00 cleaning and sanitizing fee.
- Pets and emotional support animals are not allowed in our bathrooms, showers, or laundry facilities for any reason. Failure to abide by this policy will result in you being asked to leave the park immediately and without a refund.
- We ask that you not wash clothes, dishes, utensils, or anything other than your person in our sinks or showers.
Children and Visitor Rules
- Guests and visitors must comply with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Parents are responsible for the conduct of their children and financially responsible for any damage incurred by their children. Children under the age of 16 must always be accompanied by an adult, including restroom, laundry room, dog park, and office for safety reasons.
- Anyone under the age of 18 must always be accompanied by an adult while using the pool. There is no lifeguard on duty. You are responsible for yourself, your family members and visitors. All visitors must be registered with the office in order to use our facilities for insurance purposes.
- Adults are responsible for their children’s bicycles while in the park. Bicycle traffic is limited to road/street areas only, no riding on any site, whether occupied or vacant. Helmets are strongly recommended.
- Guests are responsible for the actions of their visitors and financially responsible for any damage incurred by their visitors. Damages of any kind caused by guests or visitors to the park shall be billed to the credit card on file.
- Office must be notified of all visitors. There is a $10.00 per day facilities fee assessed for all visitors. Fees are subject to change without notice.
- Limit two (2) animals per site.
- All pets and emotional support animals are to be on a leash in the owner’s hand at all times while in the park. Children under the age of 16 are prohibited from walking animals in the park.
- Clean up after your animals on your site and while walking. Bags and receptacles are located around the park and the dog area for your convenience. Anyone found not picking up after their animal(s) will be ejected from the park immediately without notice or refund.
- Pets and emotional support animals are not allowed in any of our buildings, cabins, or bathhouses/laundry facilities.
- Animals must not dig holes or otherwise create an unsightly appearance on-site or anywhere on the grounds.
- Animals are not to be left unattended at any time. Constant or frequent barking or excessive noise will result in you being ejected from the park without prior notice or refund.
- Animals may not be tied to trees or bushes. Absolutely no stakes or tie-outs are to be put in the ground on any site. Outdoor pens and fencing is not allowed.
Water, Sewer, and Household Waste
- Do not discard feminine products, plastic/vinyl gloves, bottles, food, or chemicals in our sinks, toilets or our sewer system.
- Please do not wash vehicles or RVs without express permission from the park office as we are on a well system. Unauthorized washing of vehicles is subject to a minimum $35.00 fine and possible ejection from the park.
- Your sewer and/or gray water hose must have a sewer connection (sewer collar/donut) attached to prevent sewer gases from escaping. It is illegal to dump gray or black water on the ground. If you leave with your RV temporarily during your stay, please pick up all your equipment and take it with you.
- Pressure regulators are recommended for your water connection.
- Repair all leaks on your unit immediately. We are on a well system, so please use water responsibly. Contact the office if you experience and issue with our hydrant.
- We provide trash pickup once daily at your site. Please place bagged trash at the front of your site before 11:00 am. A dumpster is located near our overflow area for your convenience. All trash must be bagged, and any cardboard flattened. Household trash only. No furniture, appliances, used oil, campfire ashes, or hazardous waste is allowed. Outdoor trash containers are not permitted on any site. Trash of any kind should not be left outside but should be deposited promptly in the provided dumpster. Please do not leave trash at your site. This includes but is not limited to nut shells, cigarette butts, and bottle tops. Please do not place these items in our fire pits.
Smoking / Vaping
- Smoking or vaping of tobacco or any other product is not allowed in any resort building, cabin or public area. Please extinguish and discard all smoking materials in an approved container. Smoking, vaping or ingesting illegal substances are not allowed at any time.
- Cigarette butts are litter and should never be thrown on the ground anywhere in the park.
For Loss or Injury: RV park guests shall indemnify and hold harmless The Great Outdoors RV Resort, RV Great Outdoors, LLC, its directors, officers, agents, and employees from any and all claims, liability, and expenses, loss, damage, costs including but not limited to attorney and other professional fees, award, fine or judgment for injury to person(s), loss of life or damage to property arising out of the guest’s exercise of their rights hereunder, guest’s alleged or actual negligent act, regardless of whether such act is active or passive, except as may be solely caused by the gross negligence or intentional acts of The Great Outdoors RV Resort, RV Great Outdoors, LLC, its officers, owners and/or employees.