The Great Outdoors RV Resort of Western North Carolina
GUIDELINES FOR YOUR COMFORT
We hope that you will choose to visit our park. We appreciate you observing the park rules so that everyone will have a pleasant and memorable camping experience.
GENERAL RULES FOR CAMPSITES
- Camping is limited to self-contained RV’s only. Tents, pop-ups, etc are not permitted. No RV maintenance is allowed on site.
- Campfires are permitted ONLY in fully enclosed metal fireplaces positioned so they do not damage grass. Fire must be extinguished before retiring. Please check with the campground staff about disposal of ashes. We can provide Fire Pits and the Store has firewood for sale.
- One RV camping unit and one vehicle per site. There is a maximum of 6 persons per site. Do not park on grass or empty sites. Our rates are for two persons occupying one site. There is a daily charge of $3.50 per extra person to cover the additional expenses of utilities and pool/exercise room usage.
- Please note: Clothes lines or other outdoor stand alone drying devices are not allowed.
- Check-in time is 3:00 PM, and check-out is 12:00 PM.
- Please observe our 7.5 mph speed limit and be aware of pedestrians and bicyclers.
- Quiet hours are from 10 pm to 7 am. Radios or other loud noises that may be objectionable to other campers are not permitted.
- All motorized vehicles MUST be operated by licensed drivers, must obey speed limits and be operated on paved roads only. ATV’s are not permitted.
- Firearms, fireworks, paint or BB guns are not permitted.
- Skateboarding, two wheeled ‘scooters’ and in-line skating are not permitted.
- The park offers rubbish pick up. Please put bagged, tied garbage outside between 9-10AM. If you have rubbish you need to dispose of at other times, please place it in the yellow bin outside the office (near rest rooms). Please do not put your trash in the bathroom trash cans.
- Appropriate sanitary connections, such as “donuts”, must be used when connecting to the sewer.
- Pool is open between 9am and 9pm
- All persons under the age of 16 years must be accompanied by a responsible adult. Be advised there are NO pool lifeguards on duty and all persons “swim at their own risk”. No children in Diapers are permitted to use the pool due to sanitary concerns.
- No glass containers or food are allowed on the pool deck or in pool at any time.
- No diving is permitted; neither is horse-play or running/jumping in or around pool area.
- Smoking is prohibited in the pool area.
- IF THUNDER IS HEARD, ALL GUESTS MUST VACATE THE POOL AND DECK. THE POOL AREA WILL REMAIN CLOSED UNTIL THREAT OF LIGHTNING HAS PASSED.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times. If your pet is tied up outside your RV, you must be outside with it
- Pet owners must pick up after their pets. Failure to do so may result in being asked to leave the campground. Please dispose of pet waste in the containers provided. NOT in THE BATHROOM TRASHCANS. Please help keep our park clean!
- Pets that bark incessantly (whether while left alone or with owners present) will prompt a request that the owners leave the Park with no refund.
- Pets are not allowed in pool area, inside any buildings or in the showers. (Licensed service dogs allowed).
- Management reserves the right to refuse entry of pet breeds having a history of aggressive behavior.
- Smoking is prohibited in all buildings. Please dispose of cigarette butts in appropriate containers, not on roads or grass. Thanks!
- We are proud of our restrooms, laundry and other activity areas. Please leave them as clean, or cleaner, than when you used them. Inform management if you observe any problem.